Nov 29, 2010

All that Glitters

I've been digging the metallic glitter polish that's been on the market the last few months but haven't taken the plunge because I just couldn't find one that 'it' polish for me. I was looking for one that had large glitter which is hard to come by in the sea of mirco glitter polishes out there. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon Sephora exclusive OPI Only Gold For Me:

Gorgeous right? Yea, that's what I thought too. Last week I headed down to my local Sephora (which I might add is about a 40 minute round trip) and was thrilled to see that they had one bottle left! Score!!! I did notice that the bottle seemed a little under filled but convinced myself that I was imagining things. One of the sales guys (I love when men work at beauty stores!) came over and noted how popular that color was and commented that I was holding the 'test' bottle. CRAP. Not sure how I managed to miss the sticker because as I turned the bottle around, sure enough, there it was...

The guy was nice enough to provide me with a code for free shipping online that I could use within one week. This was nice but I had wanted the polish before this weekend since I have a holiday party to attend. Oh well, I thought...better late than never. When I got home, I went straight to Sephora's website and low and behold: out of stock. Are you EFFING kidding me? Argggg. I'll save you the thoughts and profanity that happened next as I searched around online hoping that maybe I could find it on another site but with no luck.

As a last ditch effort, I popped on over to ebay and jaaaaackpot. One seller. Six bottles. Apparently they had about 20 to begin with and when I checked the purchase history, all but six had sold in a week. Geez. The seller was listing the polish for $11.99 ($3 more than Sephora) but had free expedited shipping that would have it here by today or tomorrow!!!

Yes, please and thank you.

No comments: