Nov 30, 2010

Tip Top

Back in my early days of college I yearned for a pair of Sperry Top-Sider Bluefish like nothing else. That was eight years ago so you really didn't see too many of them on the likes of anyone but Popeye, Captain Jack and anyone else who fancied boating...but I loved them. Where I was in Texas, there was zero water so I'm not quite sure why I was all about the Sperry's. Regardless, for whatever reason, I never took the plunge (water joke anyone?) and have done without all these years. I think it might have had something to do with limited sizes or the fact that I spent all my money on beer and top ramen. The world will never know...

Now that I live in Florida and I'm super near the water, my obsession has only grown. I'm pleased to announce that after eight years, over the holiday weekend, that obsession became a reality. I was on Sperry's website innocently browsing (remember the old bank account lock down? Yea, it's still kinda in effect) and found a few pairs I liked. Namely these:

Sperry Top-Sider Bluefish-2 Eye Boat Shoes in Linen Mesh
{here}


Sperry Top-Sider Bluefish-2 Eye Boat Shoe in Grey Nubuck/Tattersall
{here}

I like to save a buck when I can so I headed over to Ebates and found that Sperry is NOT one of their retailers. GASP! The search did pull up a few retailers who carried Sperry so off I went on their websites. The first website was a bust and had only a few pairs of Sperry's period and I hated all the colors. The next website, Shoebuy.com had my shoes in Linen Mesh. I actually preferred the Grey Nubuck color because I love the Tattersall print so I decided to mull it over for a day or two. My answer came a day later when Ebates had their Double Cash Back promo for the holiday and Shoebuy.com shot up to 15%! After some further searching, I found a 10% off coupon for them too and I discovered they have free shipping. Looks like Linen Mesh it is. After it was all said and done with, the shoes were only $71 and if I really want to justify it, if I subtract my cashback of about $11, they were really only $60. Yea. Life is good. Now in hindsight, I think the mesh sides will be good for me...I get hot really easily sothe built in A/C will be a major plus.

They aren't here yet but I can't wait!

No comments: