Nov 1, 2010

It's a Nice Day for a White Wedding

No, I am not getting married. At least not today. Annnd probably not tomorrow. I do have a man (we're actually celebrating our three year anniversary on the 4th!) but neither one of us are ready to get hitched anytime soon. Although it's not on the horizon, I do love planning my potential wedding (come on, what girl doesn't?) and I often find myself perusing wedding magazines and websites to soak in beautiful pictures that capture each girl's special day. These days it seems like weddings are a free-for-all of fashion, design and art-worthy food. It really can be as magical as you (and your budget!) want.

I have what seems to be a million tear sheets and saved pictures on my computer of inspiration for when the time comes for my big day. Like most couples, I want to capture the day so I can keep on visiting it whenever I choose. Most opt for the traditional wedding photo package which does make for great keepsakes but I find myself wanting more. Something more real. More alive. Enter in the awesomeness of cinematographers. I'm not talking about some cheesy videographer that walks around with a video camera and makes your friends and family share their wishes for you (technically there's not anything wrong with that, I guess). No. I'm talking a full on crew that turns your wedding into a full on production. I'm talking special effects and music scores. Yes ladies and gentlemen. I'm talking about my day made practically into a movie.

Yea. It would be awesome. In case you don't believe me, let me introduce you to California-based Elysium Productions. This company is genius. Absolute genius. Now these guys aren't cheap. But if I got something like this, I don't care how much it cost. This is my favorite video by them. I. Cry. Every. Time. And I mean, every time. It's pretty pathetic.


Jessica Claire & Jeff Norwood's Wine Country Wedding from Elysium Productions on Vimeo.

Also, I will be stealing ideas from their wedding.

That is all.

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: