Jan 13, 2011

Retail Therapy Thursday

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my Retail Therapy Thursday series is getting an attitude adjustment and I will now be sharing any purchases made during the last week.

Here's this week's Therapy:
Aldo Cyphert Bag in Midnight Black
{here}
On one of my many blog hops, I stumbled across this adorable bag. I've expressed my love of tassels many a time so add that to the classic black and gold combo and we had a winner! I watched this bag online for about a week without making a move. I called my local Aldo and they only had it in the color "Rust" which based on the website, I didn't care for but I figured I could judge the quality in person and then order it from the website through the store since you get free shipping that way. On the day I planned on going down there, I checked the website and the black was sold out. :( I thought I  might like the "Beige" so I went anyway. In person this purse is SO cute. It's a little on the small side (good for petites) but overall it looks a lot higher end than it really it. The only thing I could say that was a con was the interior fabric. It's nothing special, just some basic black (assuming the other colors have matching monochromatic interiors) canvas. I wished it was something a little more substantial but no one is going to see that anyways so who really cares. I haven't worn it yet but I'm looking forward to making the purse switch soon. Does anyone else find purse switching a daunting task???

A few things to make me pretty:
Stila E! Red Carpet Series: Breathtaking Beauty Palette
{here}

This was actually a gift from one of my besties for my birthday a few weeks ago. The colors in this palette are beyond gorgeous and the eye shadows are super pigmented!


MAC Viva Glam in Gaga (as in "Lady Gaga!)
Sold out online - check your local counter!
 I cannot say enough about how gorgeous this lipstick is. I typically don't wear lipstick because they dry my lips out a bit but this hasn't. The color is the most beautiful shade of light, hot pink. You can dab it on for a subtle flush of color like I do, or go full blown for a Gaga inspired look. Either way, you will be super hot!

I've got several purchases coming my way so stay tuned for next week's Retail Therapy Thursday!

No comments: