I use ShopStyle religiously but have to admit that while the number of brands they represent is impressive, there is still a treasure trove of online retailers that they don't cover, making searching for that perfect piece a bit of a hunt. Enough griping. Moving forward, I have finally hit as close to the jackpot as I can get.
In the jean category, we have these Taylor skinnies from Delias. This particular color is only available online but they do carry the Taylor cut at my local Delias so I headed in there this past weekend to try them on for size and inseam. Let me just say that there's nothing like going in to a store that targets the teen bracket to really make you feel like a fatass. While I'm normally a 0, I found myself sizing all the way up to a 3! Now I'm not saying that a 3 is fat, far from it, but its easy to get hung up on the size on the tag. However, I'm a firm believer that any size that doesn't give the dreaded muffin top is a good choice so I'll just get over my ego and go with it.
- They are white (obviously).
- They come in several inseam options for my stubbies.
- They had a decent amount of stretch.
- The butt pockets were at a good height, not too high, not too low. Low butt pockets that give you saggy ass syndrome are the worst! If you are guilty of this, step away from the pants.
- All jeans are buy 1 get 1 50% off.
- Only available online. I like instant gratification.
- The leg opening at the foot is just a little shy of what I would consider a true skinny.
- Color options are all classics.
- The weight is thick enough to hide any discrepancies I might or might not have.
- That seam in the back is freakin awesome.
- They are buy 1 get 1 50% off.
- Length, but again I can get them hemmed rather cheaply.
- The waist sits a little high but I'm planning on wearing long and flowy shirts with it. Skinnies + tight/short shirts = tacky people. Do the math.
- As usual, all the cute stuff goes in my size in about 2.5 seconds. The Express I went to only had one 0 which I used to try on in size so I'll probably be ordering these online.