Oct 23, 2010

Christmas in October

Let me preface this post by saying that some say that I can be hard to shop for. Me?! REALLY? That's funny because I have absolutely no problem going out and buying lots and lots of things I love...

The other day I was chatting with my mom about Christmas. I was excited because I had finished purchasing all the gifts for my older sister (I would tell you what I bought but apparently she is reading this blog now so not so much~hi bunny!). This never happens because in reality, she in fact is the one that is hard to buy for. True story. Moving on, my mom asked me what I wanted (we don't mess around in this family) for the holidays and I told her that I'd really been eyeing this purse from Talbots:


Beacon Ava Textured Leather Dome Bag in Koala
Ohhhh! Sooo pretty. I can't stand it, I really can't. I told good old mom that this was the only thing I wanted.

A week later, it arrived at my door step. Merry Christmas to me!

Introducing, the Beacon Ava. Oh. And me. :)


The leather is very supple and the hardware is quite substantial. I was actually worried it might be too pink (I don't have anything against pink, it's just that too pink would be inappropriate to wear immediately since we are coming into fall) but thankfully, I had nothing to worry about. It is the most lovely shade of gray-pink-purple. Like a really soft mauve almost? I don't know but I do know it's beyond amazing!

Also, should this count as an OTD? It's not very exciting but I wore this out to a casual dinner with my good buddy Kyle. Love that kid.
  • Top: Ann Taylor Loft, PXS
  • Shorts: G by Guess, O
  • Shoes (not shown): Steve Madden black t-straps, 5

No comments: