Dec 20, 2010

Pantone Color of the Year

As many of you probably already know, Pantone recently annouced their 2011 color of the year to be honeysuckle. When I read this, I'm not going to lie, I did not know what this color actually was. I had visions of my youth spent perched alongside the fence in our front yard, pulling the delicate strands from dozens of honeysuckle flowers to get to the tiny, sweet droplet of nectar inside. From this happy memory, I thought perhaps the color was cream, as that is the color of a honeysuckle. Cream? Really Pantone? Thankfully, I was very wrong! Honeysuckle is apparently a very lovely shade of pink. Like fuchsia but brighter perhaps?

All that to say, I was reading Design Darling the other day and she posted this image from Patterson Maker:

SWOON!

What a pretty combo: bright pink and leopard! The dress is pretty basic but I was loving that purse! After about 90 pages of back reading on Patterson Maker's tumblr, I had no luck in locating this picture and thus ended the search for the clutch. I love leopard as much as the next girl, but it has to be a specific kind of leopard. It can't be too realistic, more of a playful illustration, as perfectly captured by the clutch above.

Since I can't source the pieces from above, I put together a collection of options:


I'll take the bow-shoulder dress and leopard and black clutch stat!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Darren Demers said...

What a pretty combo: bright pink and leopard! The dress is pretty basic but I was loving that purse! After about 90 pages of back reading on Patterson Maker's tumblr, traditional afghan hat , antique choker designs , chain stitch patches , Velvet Punjabi Kurti , Beautiful Antique Tribal Ear Rings , gold head pieces , small jewelry box , winter shawl I had no luck in locating this picture and thus ended the search for the clutch. I love leopard as much as the next girl, but it has to be a specific kind of leopard. It can't be too realistic, more of a playful illustration, as perfectly captured by the clutch above.